This was a great summer salad on literally one of the last days of summer. The one tablespoon of soy sauce in the dressing turned the rice and crab a rather drab color, but if you can get past that, it was very tasty.
CALIFORNIA ROLL SALAD
- 1 cup uncooked white rice
- 2 cups water
- 1 small package shredded carrots
- 1 English cucumber, diced
- 2 avocados – peeled, pitted, and cubed
- 2 cups crabmeat
- 1 teaspoons wasabi powder/paste, or to taste
- 1 tablespoon mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1/4 cup rice wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon white sugar
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- Place rice and water in a small saucepan, and bring to a boil. Cover, reduce heat to low, and simmer for 20 minutes, or until rice is tender. Set aside to cool.
- In a large serving bowl, toss together the carrots, cucumber, avocado and crabmeat. Stir in cooled rice. In a small bowl, stir together the wasabi, mayonnaise, soy sauce, rice vinegar, sugar and sesame oil. Toss salad with dressing, or serve with dressing on the side.