Oh, YUM. These were awesome. I have never been a huge fan of peanut butter cookies because they seem to dry out rather fast and get crumbly. These cookies contain a cup of oats which I believe turned them into “chewy” peanut butter cookies (after the first day). In fact, they remained moist and delicious for the better part of a week, which was a wonderful surprise. Usually I will eat homemade cookies on the first and second days after baking them. After that, I turn my nose up because they are not fresh enough, in my opinion. These cookies remained delicious for much longer!
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup peanut butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 2/3 cup brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 cups flour
- 1 cup oatmeal (quick or old-fashioned oats)
- 2 TSP baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 bag semi-sweet chocolate chips
1. Cream the margarine, peanut butter, sugar and brown sugar in a mixer.
2. Add eggs and vanilla. Mix. Combine the flour, oatmeal, baking soda and salt and add to the cream mixture.
3. Add chips to dough and mix by hand.
4. Scoop dough into balls (about 1″) on a cookie sheet about 2″ apart. Just slightly flatten dough balls.
5. Bake at 350 degrees for 10-12 minutes. Let cookies sit on pan for 3-5 minutes after baking for easy removal from pan.